Be the Artist for Our Official Exhibition Poster!
- Participants hereby grant Art! Vancouver and its affiliates a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their name and artwork title) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation. Participants represented and warrant that they have full legal right, power, and authority to grant Art! Vancouver, and its affiliates the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their Submission in order to grant such a license.
- Art! Vancouver and all its affiliates shall have the right to display the winning artwork and reproduce the winning artwork for the purpose of creating a commemorative poster.
- Art! Vancouver have the sole right to refuse any submission that is deemed inappropriate. No crudity, vulgarity, obscenity, or hateful art will be tolerated.
- Each artist warrants that he or she has obtained all necessary releases from models and other subjects featured in the works of art and any additional releases required with respect to names, trademarks, designs, or works of art depicted in the submitted work of art and that the creation, display, or distribution of the work of art will not violate any law.
- Each artist warrants that he or she alone created the submitted work of art, or if there are collaborators, they are named.
- Entries must be original works of art and not copies, derivatives, or based in any way on other copyrighted or published works of art.
- Finalists may not use third-party services of any kind, add-ons, plugins, feeds, or any other such means to acquire participant votes. This is strictly prohibited and any finalist found to use such services will be immediately disqualified and removed as a finalist.
- Individually branded marketing materials and efforts such as banners, interviews, videos, pre-existing personal email lists, or friends via social media platforms posted on finalist’s own websites or social media pages (excluding external promotional services) are permitted to use.
- Art! Vancouver and its affiliates are under no obligation to use any Submission or return the Submission to participants.
- USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of Art! Vancouver and its affiliates. Art! Vancouver and its affiliates reserve the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing, and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
- CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Art! Vancouver and its affiliates in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site, violating the voting rules, or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Art! Vancouver and its affiliates are not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical failures of any sort, Art! Vancouver and its affiliates may cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release Art! Vancouver and its affiliates from any liability resulting from, or related to, participation in the contest.
Submission of an entry to this competition implies acceptance of all stated conditions.
Header art: “Cardinal Crimson Coral”, 2015, by Susan Mclennan, Art! Vancouver 2016 Exhibitor